Salads are something many people consider very healthy but does not satisfy the taste buds. But rather they are the most nourishing, refreshing and all the more tasty food one can quickly fix at home. Just pour a little dressing over your salad and you will always be craving for more salad. As I was feeling a little too lazy to do any serious cooking, I came up with this salad idea for today’s lunch and here it is for you all to try out.
Servings: 5 persons
- Lettuce – 1 bunch
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Carrot – 2 nos
- Baby Mandarin – 6 nos
- Mango – 1 no
- Dates – 5 nos
- Dried fig – 6 nos
- Cashews – 10 nos
- Dried Black currants – 2 tbsps
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsps
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 3/4 tsp
- Vinegar/ Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 3/4 tbsp
- Thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Wash and chop the vegetables and fruits. Remove the pulp of the tomato before chopping it. Add in chopped dried fruits and nuts and mix everything together. Refrigerate it until ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
- The vegetables and fruits may be chosen depending on your taste.
- To make the dressing a low-cal one, replace the mayonnaise with low fat yogurt.