As you all may know, I’m a great pizza lover and so is my husband. So pizza making is a frequent business in my kitchen. We also enjoy going out to have pizza once in a while. On our one such trip last month, we had this Pizza at Figaro’s which was different from the usual ones and the topping was simple with just garlic sauce, onion, tomatoes, beef and chicken.
When I decided to make pizza last night, I remembered Figaro’s and came up with this recipe. Do try this out ‘coz it’s going to be a yummy change from the ones you’ve made before.
Servings: 4 persons
- Pizza base Dough – for 4 nos.(Refer notes)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
- Tomato (large) – 4 nos.
- Red, yellow, orange bell pepper – 1/2 cup each chopped
- Black olives – 1/4 cup
- Green olives – 1/4 cup
For garlic sauce:
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Heavy cream – 200 gm
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 190C.
- For the sauce: Blend together the garlic cloves and a little milk to form a smooth paste. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the garlic paste, cream, salt, black pepper powder, thyme, oregano, remaining milk and whisk. Wait for the sauce to boil and thicken a little. Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices and toast them on both sides in a non-stick pan.
- Roll out the dough to form an 8″ dia disc of about 1/2″ thickness and place it on baking tray.
- Spread the creamy garlic sauce over the pizza base and top with toasted tomatoes, chopped bell pepper, green & black olives and mozzarella cheese.
- Finally sprinkle a little oregano over it and bake for 15 mins.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy your pizza with some fresh salad.
- For the pizza base I used double the quantity of ingredients as mentioned in my other pizza recipes (Vegetable Pan Pizza & Honey Chicken Pizza). Please refer there for ingredients and method.
- I have made my pizza thin crust one, but the actual method for thin crust pizza is to roll out the dough (1/2″ thickness), transfer to a baking tray, prick the dough with a fork and bake for about 5 to 8 mins and then add the sauce and topping and bake again. This will make the pizza very crunchy. In case you don’t want the pizza so crunchy avoid the step of baking the pizza base.
- If you want to enhance the garlic flavor of the sauce, add more garlic cloves.