Hello everyone…I know it’s been a while since we met last time. Guess laziness has played the main role in keeping us apart..lol. Anyways I’m back now. I had two posts pending and was confused on which one to post first. Finally I decided on this one.
Now going into the usual flash back I have for each post: The first time I had these Date n Biscuit Slices was in India about 2 years back. I had gone to my parents’ home for a short visit from my in-law’s place. As soon I got home the first thing I noticed was a plastic container on the dining table. It had nothing other than these lovely slices which I immediately attacked. Later I figured that my sister in law’s mom had send her the snack box…poor her..because it was me who had most of it. By the way, I forgot to mention that her mom is a great cook and specially her puddings, cakes and other sweets are just amazingly yummy. So such containers keep arriving once in a while and when I’m home, I never hesitate to play my role in the eating process. 😉
The most attracting part of these slices is the look. It makes you feel that it’s something complicated. But on the contrary it’s absolutely easy and fool proof. So why delay, let’s get to work.
Makes: 10 slices
DATE AND BISCUIT SLICES
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Pitted Dates – 1 cup
- Plain biscuits – 3 to 4 nos.
- Sugar – 2 tsps
- Chop the pitted dates.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces but be careful not to crush or powder them.
- Heat a pan and melt the butter and add sugar into it. Then add the chopped dates and mash it using a wooden spoon. Once the dates soften and form a single smooth mass, remove the pan from fire and allow it to cool.
- Then gently mix in the broken biscuits into the date mixture and shape it into a log of about 5 cm diameter.
- Wrap it in aluminium foil and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs.
- Then using a sharp knife cut the log into slices of about 4mm thickness.