This is a very simple n humble cake recipe. As I am making something with blueberry for the first time I didn’t want to try anything complicated and spoil my precious blueberries. This is a must try recipe because just the aroma of the cake while baking is heavenly and so is the taste.
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/4 cup (@ room temp)
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
- Wash and dry the blueberries and mix them with 1 tbsp of the flour mix (to prevent them from sinking to the bottom).
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter oil and sugar with a hand mixer. Then add in the eggs and vanilla essence and beat again. Add half of the dry ingredients and beat for a few seconds. Then pour in the milk, mix and then add the remaining flour mix and beat again till everything is well combined.
- Finally fold in the blueberries and pour the batter into a greased 9″ x 5″ loaf tin dusted with flour.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 180C for 30mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy your Blueberry loaf cake with a cup of hot tea or coffee or why not Hot chocolate!!