Strawberries are still in season and when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I bought a pack of fresh strawberries. They were so tempting that I thought I wouldn’t finish them as Strawberry milkshake, as I usually do, and decided on trying out Strawberry Danish. Surprise your family by making them on a weekend morning. Enjoy!!
Serving: 2 persons
- Puff Pastry – 6 nos.
- Fresh Strawberries – 6 nos
- Egg Wash – 1 egg + 2 tbsp water
- Milk – 240 ml
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1 no.
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Thaw the puff pastry squares in case they are frozen. Meanwhile, lets prepare the custard.
- Combine together sugar, corn flour and salt in bowl. Add a little milk to it, mix and then add in the egg and vanilla essence and mix again.
- Boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan. When it starts boiling, lower the flame and gradually pour in the corn flour mixture stirring continuously.(Using a whisk would be best.)
- Continue stirring till the custard thickens. Remove from flame and transfer the custard into a wide bowl and allow to cool.
- Pinch together the corners of the puff pastry to form an open pocket. (Please take a look at the picture to understand what I mean.)
- Spoon some custard into the pocket and top with chopped strawberries. Apply egg wash gently on the sides and top and bake at 200C for 20mins.