- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Boiling water – for making the dough
- Banana leaf – for wrapping the ada
- Shredded Coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 100gms
- Cooked Split Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
- Fennel/ Cardamom Powder – a pinch
- Heat jaggery with a little water till it fully melts. Strain the jaggery and set aside. Heat ghee in a pan and add the shredded coconut and melted jaggery, cooked dal and the fennel/cardamom powder and mix well till all the ingredients are combined well. Remove from fire once all the excess water dries up.
- In a bowl mix together the rice flour and salt. Pour enough boiling water and mix to make a soft dough.
- Grease your hands and take a little dough and place it on a greased surface and flatten it into about a 4” dia circle. Place some filling on one half of the circle. Fold the other half of the circle to seal the Ada. Now the Ada should be semi-circular in shape. Wrap the Ada in small piece of banana leaf.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the dough and coconut filling. Place it in a steamer and steam cook for about 10 to 12minutes.
- And enjoy it with your evening tea!!