Hi friends. Sorry about the long break. Actually, I didn’t do any serious cooking during these past days so there was no interesting recipe to post. Anyways, I’m back now and this time I have a quick and yet satisfying dish for you. Take a look..
Servings: 4 persons
- Basmati Rice – 2 1/2 cups
- Onion – 1 large(finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves(chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Salt – as required
- Sausage – 3 nos.(chopped)
- Pepper powder – as required
- Chicken Stock – 2 cups
- Hot Water – 2 cups
- Mixed vegetables – 1 1/2 cups
- Saffron – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Wash and soak the rice in warm water for about 30mins.Then drain it and set aside.
- Soak the saffron in 3tbsp of hot water and stir to dissolve it.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan and saute the chopped garlic for a minute and then add the chopped onion and saute till it becomes pink and soft. Season with salt and pepper powder. Then add the sausage and saute for about 5mins and then followed by the vegetables and continue to saute for a few more mins.
- Next add in the well drained rice and the saffron. Saute for 3 mins and pour in the chicken stock and hot water. Check the salt and add more if needed.
- Stir one last time and cover and cook till the water dries up and the rice is done. Remove from fire and the pilaf is ready.