This is a traditional malabar recipe and it’s similar to sponge cake. Kumsi is also known as Taripola in some places(of Kerala). I had been thinking of posting it for pretty long but then I didn’t have any pics. So when I made it today evening for tea, I didn’t waste the opportunity and took a few quick snaps and here it is. Hope you like it.
- Egg – 3nos.
- Sugar – 10tbsps
- Flour – 10tbsps (leveled)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cashews/ Raisins – a few
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, salt and cardamom powder using an egg beater till it turns pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and fold it in the egg mixture.
- Grease a non-stick pan with a little oil and pour the batter into the pan and place on the stove with an iron tray beneath. Decorate with cashew nuts or raisins.
- Cover and cook on low flame till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cut in squares and enjoy!!