This a traditional Kerala style Beef fry. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all because it is simply yummmy!! I had always made beef fry in a different style with lots of ingredients but then I never got this amazing taste. This recipe is simple and easy and has few ingredients. So here it is:
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
- Beef – 1/2 kg (cut into 2″ pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Chili powder – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp heaped
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Shredded Coconut – 4tbsp
- Curry leaves – 10nos.
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Take beef in a large bowl and add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, salt, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 cup onion to it and mix well. Leave aside for 20 mins or so.
- Add about 2 tbsp of water to the beef and pressure cook till it is done. If there is water left in the cooker, heat again and evaporate off the water.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add the fenugreek seeds.When they pop add the curry leaves and 1 cup onion. Saute till the onion turns pink. Then add the shredded coconut and saute for 3 to 5minutes till the onion and coconut becomes nice and crunchy.
- Finally, add this sauted onion and coconut into the cooked beef and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp of garam masala over it and mix till everything has been combined.
- It tastes amazing with Pathiri and Pathal (Both are different types of rice flour pancakes).