I got this recipe from a TV show and right then I thought it had to be tried out. Though spicy, it was a great hit when I made it.
Servings: 4 to 5 persons
- Boiled Egg – 5 nos.
- Onion – 1 big (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 big (chopped)
- Green chilies – 2 to 3 nos (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Thick Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – of 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a nonstick vessel and saute the onion. When the onion turns pink add the chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, salt, sugar and 1/4 cup of water to it and stir.
- When the spices give out their aroma add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are done.
- Then add the coconut milk and stir continuously for about a minute more and then add the chopped green chilies and boiled egg and stir gently. Cook for 5 more minutes, add lemon juice, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with chappathi or roti.