This was the first time I cooked something with Tofu and I was pretty excited about it. This recipe is similar to Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cottage Cheese curry) just that I replaced the paneer with tofu. Tofu also known as soybean curd is prepared by coagulating soy milk. Tofu is a good source of protein.
Servings : Serves 3 to 4 persons
- Tofu – 250gms (cubed)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium(chopped)
- Green Chilies – 3 nos.
- Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Spinach – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Fry the cubed tofu in about 1 tbsp of oil till they turn slightly golden in color and become firm.
- In a separate cooking pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds. When they pop, add the onion and saute. When the onion turns pink, add the ginger-garlic paste and tomato. When the tomato gets cooked and mashed up add the spinach and cook for about 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Blend it all up into a smooth paste. Return the paste into the cooking pan and heat it. Add salt, turmeric powder and garam masla powder to it and stir. You may add water to the gravy at this stage for more gravy. Then add the fried tofu and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the contents to a serving dish and serve hot with chapathis or naan.