Pizzaaaaaaa… That is something that I can eat anytime… wake me up from sleep and give me pizza, I would just happily eat it all up. When we moved to our new home, I was disappointed on not having an oven ‘coz I wouldn’t be able to do any baking. That is how I decided to make a pan pizza. I know that its not something new or discovered by me, but since I was trying it for the first time and it turned out so good, I wanted to put it on my blog.
Servings: Makes two medium sized pizzas
For pizza base
- Plain flour – 1 cup + extra
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Luke warm water – 1 cup
For Pizza Sauce
- Olive oil – 1tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper powder -1tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 to3 cloves (chopped)
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Tomato Ketchup – 3tbsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Vegetables (chopped) – 1/2 cup(I used onion, capsicum, tomato, brinjal & olive)
- Mozarella Cheese – 80 to120 gm (shredded)
For the base:
- Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup of luke warm water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the plain flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour the yeast and olive oil into it and mix using hand. Add extra flour if needed and continue mixing till a soft dough is formed.
- Leave the dough till it doubles in volume.
For the sauce:
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add chopped garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Then add the chopped onion and saute till it turns golden. Add the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, oregano, salt and pepper powder and cook till the excess water from the tomato evaporates and the consistency becomes that of a sauce.
- Apply a little oil on a non-stick frying pan (8″ dia). Place half the dough in the pan and gently press and flatten the dough evenly till a good base is formed. Make sure to press the dough a little up the sides of the pan.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the base and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Then place the vegetables and sprinkle just a little more cheese on top and gently press the pizza. Cover the pan and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an iron tray or tawa. Then place the covered pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pan Pizza ready!!