Sushi is a famous Japanese dish that mostly has raw fish in it. This recipe is a dessert and I’ve named it sushi because it’s basic idea was taken from the Japanese Sushi. Here’s the recipe:
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Coconut milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Condensed milk -2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Dates – 5 nos. (chopped)
- Almonds – 5 (finely chopped)
- Wash and drain the rice. In a saucepan dissolve the coconut milk powder in the hot water. Add 2 tsp of sugar and a pinch of salt to it and stir. Add the rice into it and cook till the rice is just cooked.Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
- Once the rice has cooled, shape it into small ball (size of a ladoo) with slightly flattened tops and bottoms(Wet hands help in doing this easily).
- Arrange the balls on a plate. Drizzle a little condensed milk over each and top with chopped dates and nuts.
- Finally Drizzle the condensed milk once more over them just to hold the topping in place and refrigerate for an hour and serve chilled.