Eggs – 4
Flour – 100gms
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Caster sugar – 100gms
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Sugar – 100gms
Almonds chopped¼ cup
Butter cream icing :
Butter – 1/2 cup(at room temp.)
Icing sugar – 50gms
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Fruit syrup or milk, to moisten cake
- For the sponge, beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy, add essence, gently fold in flour and baking powder.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes in a greased and lined 9” pan. Cool on wire rack when done.
- To make the crunch, put sugar in a pan and cook till it turns light brown and stir in nuts, immediately pour on a greased lid and leave aside to set. When set, crush with a rolling pin into tiny pieces and refrigerate.
- To make the butter cream frosting, cream together the butter and icing sugar and add the essence to it and mix well.
- When the cake has cooled cut in half horizontally to get 2 layers and apply sugar syrup or milk to moisten the sponge and then apply the butter cream frosting on bottom layer and spread half of the crunch pieces.
- Place 2nd layer of sponge over it, apply butter cream frosting and crunch on top of the cake.
- Serve chilled.
Source : Masala TV