- Dry yeast-1 tbsp
- Warm water-2tbsp
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1/2 cup
- All purpose flour-2 cups + 1 cup
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Egg-1, beaten
- Egg white-1,for egg wash
- White sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with 1/2tbsp sugar. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Boil the milk and allow to cool. Add sugar, oil and salt to the milk. Mix well with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves and add 1 cup flour and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the beaten egg, yeast and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
- Knead well for 10 mins and let it rest till it doubles in volume. Punch down the dough lightly using your palm.
- Now divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each of them into stripes of about 3/4 to 1 inch dia. Place the three stripes in a parallel manner and press them together at one end. Start the braiding process at that end and continue till the other then and again press them together when you are finished.
- Apply egg wash over it . Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Let it prove for another 20 mins and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 15-20 mins.