- Flour – 2cups
- Sugar – 1cup
- Baking Powder – 1tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 2 (large)
- Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Strawberries – 10 nos.
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Strawberry cream – for topping
- Strawberry jam – For topping
- Sift flour , baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Blend the strawberries in the buttermilk and set side.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Then add one egg at a time and mix well. Add vanilla essence to it and mix . Then add in the dry ingredients and butter milk mixture into the bowl alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Grease a baking pan and dust flour over it and remove the excess flour. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 20 to 25 minutes till a skewer inserted in it comes out clean.
- Leave the baked cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then divide the cake into two layers by cutting horizontally. Spread the strawberry cream on inner sides of both the layers and arrange strawberry slice on the bottom layer. Place the top layer over it and spread cream on the top as well. Decorate with more strawberry slices and apply a coat of strawberry jam over the cake to get a glazing effect.