- Par Boiled Rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery/ Molasses – 100gms
- Coconut – 3 to 4 tbsps
- Wash and drain the rice. Then roast the rice in a a deep pan on low flame. Roast till the rice turns golden to brownish in colour and starts popping. Remove from flame and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan heat the jaggery with about 1/4cup water. Once the jagery dissolves, strain it into a bowl. Add the coconut into the bowl and mix well.
- Powder the roasted rice until fine. Add the powder to the bowl and combine all the ingredients well. Before the mixture cools, shape it into medium sized balls. Apply a liitle ghee or oil onto the hands before doing this to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Allow to cool before serving.