Pachadi is one of the most inevitable dishes of a kerala sadhya. It can be made using different vegetables and fruits. Some of the common ones are pineapple, cucumber, tender papaya and so on. But here, I have chosen Apple because it is not so common and at the same time tastes great. It is perfect for those who prefer something sweet to go with their spicy food.
- Apple – 1(cubed)
- Shredded Coconut – 3 tbsp (heaped)
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Curd – 1 1/2 cup
- Salt – As required
- Sugar – 2tsp
- Oil – 2tsp
- Dried Red chili – 2 nos.
- Curry leaves – 5 to 8 nos.
- Coarsely grind the coconut, green chillies and 1tsp of mustard in a grinder.
- Take the curd in a bowl, add the ground mixture , salt and sugar into it and mix well.
- Peel and dice the apple and mix it into the curd mixture.Refrigerate it till it’s time to serve.
- For tempering, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds splutter add the curry leaves and broken dried red chilies.
- Pour this over the apple pachadi and serve.